A representative confirmed to CBS News on Tuesday that Dave Hollis, a former Disney executive, dies at the age of 47.
Hollis’ literary agent, Kevan Lyon, stated in a message to CBS News that Hollis passed away over the weekend, but did not reveal the cause of his death at this time.
Lyon shared in the statement that it was a great honor for her to work with Hollis on multiple books, including his latest release which he co-authored with his daughter Noah.
Lyon expressed her sympathy and support for Hollis’ children and family during this difficult and devastating time.
Rachel Hollis, who has four children with Dave Hollis, took to Instagram to express her grief over his passing. “We are devastated,” she wrote in a post on Tuesday.
“My heart is broken and I’m at a loss for words. I ask that you keep our children in your prayers as we try to navigate this unthinkable time.”
According to reports, Dave worked for Disney from 2011 to 2018, during which he oversaw theatrical distribution and
played a key role in launching successful film franchises like Frozen, Black Panther, and the Avengers series.
In 2018, Dave chose to leave Disney to relocate his family to Texas,
where he co-founded and managed Chic Media, a media and lifestyle company owned by his then-wife Rachel Hollis.
Dave and Rachel were married for 16 years before they declared their separation in June 2020.
The couple shared four children – sons Jackson, Sawyer, and Ford, and daughter Noah.
After 18 years, Rachel announced their separation on Instagram and revealed that she and Dave were best friends,
but there were areas of their relationship that were no longer functioning despite their core friendship remaining strong.
Rachel wrote, “The truth is that the parts of us that work so well have become a band-aid for the parts of us that don’t.”
- Dave authored two self-help books and hosted a podcast named “Rise Together” in the years leading up to his death.
- The Hollywood Reporter reported that Dave published his first book, Get Out of Your Own Way, in 2020.
- The book addressed his struggles with excessive drinking and issues in his marriage after leaving Disney.
- Dave released his second book, Built Through Courage: Face Your Fears to Live the Life You Were Meant For, in 2021.
- In November 2022, Dave published a children’s book called Here’s to Your Dreams.